GROUP PERSONAL ACCIDENT INSURANCE Insurance Product Information Document
Company (Insurer): Chubb European Group SE is incorporated in France and operates through a branch in the UK. Authorised and regulated by the French Prudential Supervision and Resolution Authority. Authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and with deemed variation of permission. Subject to regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority and limited regulation by the Prudential Regulation Authority. Details of the Temporary Permissions Regime, which allows EEA-based firms to operate in the UK for a limited period while seeking full authorisation, are available on the Financial Conduct Authority’s website (FS Register number 820988).
Product: The British Ju-Jitsu Association of GB Governing Body Group Personal Accident Insurance
This document provides a summary of the main cover and exclusions. It is not personalised to your specific individual circumstances. Complete pre- contractual and contractual information about this product is provided in the group policy schedule and group policy wording (copies of which are available from The British Ju-Jitsu Association of GB Governing Body).
What is this type of insurance?
This is a personal accident group insurance policy with The British Ju-Jitsu Association of GB Governing Body as the Group Policyholder. It provides cover in the event of accidental death or serious injury following an accident, and a range of other covers including broken bones, and hospital stays following an accident.
The primary value of the cover is providing financial benefits following death or permanent injuries resulting from an accident, with a range of secondary covers included too.
This policy pays benefits in accordance with the policy wording, in the event that you:
- die or are permanently disabled; or
- suffer broken bones ; or
- need to stay in hospital or recover at home; or
- are temporarily unable to work as a result of an accident whilst working.
The main sections of the policy and benefit levels are listed below, with full details of sub-sections contained in the policy schedule. Cover can be provided for any competitor, official or committee member up to age 75 years.
- Section 1. Serious Injury – A. Accidental death - £50,000 / B. Permanent Total Disablement - £50,000 / C. Permanent Partial Disablement* up to - £50,000
- Section 2. Disfigurement & Scarring from Burns – Not Insured
- Section 3. Dental Injury treatment – Not Insured
- Section 4. Broken Bones (certain injuries only) – up to £300
- Section 5. Dislocation of hip, shoulder or kneecap – Not Insured
- Section 6. Physiotherapy following Broken Bones or Dislocation – Not Insured
- Section 7. In-patient Hospital Stay - £40 per night for up to 20 nights
- Section 8. Recovery - up to £750
- Section 9. Coma – Not Insured
- Section 10. Rehabilitation & Retraining (certain injuries only) – up to £1,000
- Section 11. Urgent Expenses following death – Not Insured
- Section 12. Temporary Disablement –
- Temporary Total Disablement £75 per week (max. 70% of weekly wage) for up to 52 weeks
- Temporary Partial Disablement – Not Covered
- Section 13. Accident Medical Expenses - Not Insured
- Additional Travel Expenses – up to £40 per week for up to 52 weeks
What is not insured?
- There is no cover provided under Sections 2, 3, 5, 6, 9, 11, and 13 of this policy, marked as ‘Not Insured’
- Injuries from participation in Air sports
- Injuries as a result of Air travel, other than as a fare paying passenger
- Suicide or deliberate self-harm
- Injuries as a result of illness or disease
- Injuries whilst on active service as a member of any reserve armed forces
- Repetitive Stress (Strain) Injury or Syndrome or any gradually operating cause. Post Traumatic Stress Disorder or any psychological or psychiatric condition
- The first 7 days (waiting period) under Section 12. Temporary Disablement and Additional Travel Expenses
- Fractures to bones of the fingers or toes
- Any claims which would result in breaches of UN resolutions or trade or economic.
- Section 1 A. Accidental Death benefit is limited to £5,000 for insured persons under 16 years old or 18 years old if in full-time education
- Any disability that existed before an accident will be taken into account and may reduce the benefit amount payable
- Cover only applies if injury occurs whilst participating in Kick Boxing, Judo, Ju-Jitsu, Brazilian Ju-Jitsu, Aiki Ju-Jitsu and occupational Physical Restraint, Breakaway and Self Defence Club at an event affiliated to the Group Policyholder
- Full-time members of the armed forces are not eligible for cover under this policy.